7.34 +/- acre wooded home site near Sterlington in Union Parish, LA This wooded home site tract is situated 2.5 miles from the Ouachita River bridge at Sterlington. Ouachita Parish was established March 31, 1807 with Ft. Miro as the parish seat. Martin-Quiatte: Slave Ads from the The Woodville Republican and Wilkinson weekly advertiser, 1830: 11 K June 2000: Virginia Ewing: Emancipation of Lawrence (Mulatto) by James Barlow Ouachita Parish, Louisiana: 2 K The property does have most utilities available. View Louisiana Maps such as historical parish boundaries changes, old vintage maps, as well as road / highway maps for all 64 Parishes in Louisiana. In 1850, Shelburn Plantation was sold by the parish sheriff to Dr. David Flournoy Blackburn for $23,460. Shows names of some residents. Some are better known than others, and details for those are easier to come by, but the National Register provides some information of all properties listed. By 1790, Filhiol established a fort named Miro after Esteban Miro. Location within the U.S. state of Louisiana. Property ID: LAOUACJP240 Located between Sterlington and Collinston in northern Ouachita Parish, this tract offers opportunities for great hunting as well as excellent timberland investment close to town. Logtown Plantation, south of Monroe: Nestled on the banks of the Ouachita River is the home of the Filhiols, Jean Baptiste Filhiol and Don Juan Filhiol. The site, built by Ambrose Lecomte II and his wife Julia Buard, is now owned by the National Park Service and is … Located here is Watson Brake, the oldest indigenous earthwork mound complex in North America. The parish was formed in 1807. Seal. Now owned by The Wellspring. highway 554 with electricity available. 63.00 acres in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana. This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana. Maps, Driving Directions & Local Area Information Plantations. Sort by: Homes for You. Filhiol died on September 28, 1821, at the age of eighty-one; he is buried on his plantation near the Ouachita River in present-day West Monroe, Louisiana. Hinton bought the land from 3 early real estate dealers; Oliver Jones Morgan, former Judge of Ouachita Parish, his brother Jonathan Morgan, and Govy Hood. There are approximately 350 feet of frontage along Hwy 2. Ouachita Parish's real estate records are available online and free to the public. The open kettle method of sugar production continued to be used throughout the 19th century. We have an extensive collection of local photographs. This map is shipped safely in a map tube! In 1780, a primitive French settlement marked the beginning of the area then known as the Ouachita Settlement. Luther Hall House, 1515 Jackson St., Monroe: An impressive Queen Anne-style home of the former governor of Louisiana built in the early 1900s. Consisting primarily of mature oak, this hardwood tract also provides a wildlife sanctuary since it is surrounded by pine plantations. Think about taking a look at the plantations in Louisiana. In the 1830s, Judge Henry Bry, early settler and prominent jurist of Ouachita Parish had prophesied that the swamps and marshes of Richland, once they were properly drained, would be the most fruitful soil of all northeast Louisiana, a prophesy which has indeed come true. Louisiana's location within the U.S. Country This property has good road frontage on La. Numbers represent an alphabetical ordering by significant words. The parish seat is Monroe. 1 - 25 of 114 listings - Browse Ouachita Parish, Louisiana properties for sale on LandsOfAmerica. Subject. Notable examples include the Filhiol Mound Site, located on a natural levee of the Ouachita River. Copy imperfect: Mounted on cloth back, faded, folded in half and losses throughtout and along the edges. The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Ouachita Parish, Louisiana. Compare properties, browse amenities and find your ideal property in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards. Ecore a Fabri, as Camden was originally known, was Filhiol’s first established settlement in the Ouachita District, which encompassed today’s southern Arkansas and northeastern Louisiana. Bynum House, 604 Grammont St., Monroe: This home was built in the late 19th century. This is just a small part of a large collection. Their grandchildren continued this tradition of civic duty, serving in numerous elected capaticies in the parish, region, and state. Collins Will Desoto Parish, Louisiana. We also have maps that show the locations of plantations in Ouachita Parish and some plat maps as well! Are you ready to dive deep into Louisiana history? Description. New Orleans SWAMP Country. Copy imperfect: Mounted on cloth back, faded, folded in half and losses throughtout and along the edges. Early 1800's Map Showing Madison Parish's First Landowners — 3,142 k. Shows original landowners (Patentees). 1860 Federal Census - Slave Schedule Surname Matches with 1870 Census Located at Slaveholders and African Americans 1860-1870 [Report Broken Link] Pointe Coupee Parish Property ID: LAOUACJP240 Located between Sterlington and Collinston in northern Ouachita Parish, this tract offers opportunities for great hunting as well as excellent timberland investment close to town. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.[1]. Ouachita Parish was one of the nineteen original Louisiana parishes created by legislation signed into law on March 31, 1807. In 1783 Jean Baptiste Filhiol was appointed by the Spanish crown to oversee the region. Ouachita Parish. Bright-Lamkin-Easterling House, 918 Jackson St., Monroe: Built for William A. Sankofagen Wiki run by Karmella Haynes has a list of Arkansas Plantations and Slave Names listed by county, for counties formed prior to 1865. Select "More search options" to: Search for a memorial or contributor by ID. The parish was formed in 1807. Whitehall Plantation House, Buckhorn Bend Road, eastern Ouachita Parish: A Greek revivial home of the second half of the 19th century. This 80 acres adjoins 122 acres of pine plantations and hardwoods which is also available for purchase. The very large Ouachita Parish was one of these original 19; later it was broken up into eight other parishes (Morehouse, Caldwell, Union, Franklin, Tensas, Madison, East Carroll, and West Carroll), as settlers entered the area and developed towns and plantations. Gov. Roughly bounded by Desiard, Jackson, Telemaque, and S. Grand Sts. Seal. 1860 Federal Census Images Located at USGenWeb Archives Census Project - Census Images [Report Broken Link] Plaquemines Parish. Be it ordained by the Police Jury of Ouachita parish, That the sum of eight hundred and fifty-three and 14-100 dol lars be and the same is hereby appro priated to pay the claims against the parish which have been allowed by the committee on claims at this June ses sion, 1878. This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana.. Land for Elmer C. Slagle, a Monroe lumberman, in 1929. This story originally ran in 2013. Ouachita Parish LA Recently Sold Homes. Includes text. One property was once listed, but has since been removed. As of the 2010 census, the population was 153,720. ; also roughly bounded by Ouachita R., Harrison, N. & S. 6th, Washington & Breard Sts. Are you ready to dive deep into Louisiana history? Property ID: LAOUACJP240 Located between Sterlington and Collinston in northern Ouachita Parish, this tract offers opportunities for great hunting as well as excellent timberland investment close to town. On this page the Companies from the County of Ouachita Parish, LA are displayed: View larger map. This collection is now housed in Genealogy. The role of the Clerk of Court in each parish is to maintain and preserve the official records of the parish. Geographic Subject. The parish did not become a region of great plantations. Desoto Parish. Near Monroe, Ouachita Parish. Whitehall Plantation House, Buckhorn Bend Road, eastern Ouachita Parish: A Greek revivial home of the second half of the 19th century. Location within the U.S. state of Louisiana. Ouachita Parish is located at the hub of Northeast Louisiana in In­terstate 20, about 100 miles east of Shreveport and 65 miles west of Vicksburg, Mississippi. The Louisiana Digital Library (LDL) is the front door to Louisiana's digital cultural heritage. 3 acres lot; Sold 11/03/2020. Ascension Parish: 30°6′30″N 91°0′36″W : Active : Ashton Plantation: New Orleans : Orleans Parish: Asphodel Plantation: Saint Francisville : Atahoe Plantation: Natchez : Natchitoches Parish: Audubon Plantation: Baton Rouge : East Baton Rouge Parish: 30°21′3″N 90°57′11″W : Augusta Plantation Allen. Certified copies of marriage certificates can be obtained from the Clerk of Court in the parish where the marriage occurred. LC Land ownership maps, 260 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. In 1850, Shelburn Plantation was sold by the parish sheriff to Dr. David Flournoy Blackburn for $23,460. Roland M. Filhiol House, 111 Stone Ave., Monroe: A Queen Anne home with extensive Eastlake style was built in the late 19th century. 2/18ths int in the following: 4.326 5 swensons sub of killoden plantation, beg 25.56 ft s of sw lot 5 unit -10 millhaven est, s 542.œ e 307.17 ft, s : lots 14 & 15 sq4 unit 1 new frontinaddn lot 45 unit 2 presidential est -2002 parish tax deed- lois 11 & 12 sq 3 unit 1 new frontier addn parish tax deed- Wossman House, 1205 St. John Drive, Monroe: The home of Julia Wossman was built in the early 1900s and features the Queen-Anne style, with a steep roof, front facing gable, cutaway bay windows, partial width porch, turned posts, brackets and spindle work. Explore the 10 historic estates in the River Parishes of Louisiana and discover the stories rooted in their past. Filhiol is credited with introducing the rule of law to the Ouachita River area in Arkansas and Louisiana. Cooley in the 1920s. Lower Pargoud, 2111 S. Grand St., Monroe: Greek revival built in the mid-19th century, the house was the home of Hypolite Pargoud, fur trader, planter and businessman. Hinton bought the land from 3 early real estate dealers; Oliver Jones Morgan, former Judge of Ouachita Parish, his brother Jonathan Morgan, and Govy Hood. Sorens?n or Wil* Search for an exact birth/death year or select a range, before or after. For additional information: Arnold, Morris S. 1/2 paid in cash; the remainder in two notes. CHRISTOPHE LANDRY I ntroduction I stumbled upon these narratives sometime while conducting genealogical and (subsequently) doctoral research. Here you will journey through our past, relive our historic events, visit with the founding fathers and follow the path of the first explorers all while learning something new about the people, places and culture that makes St. Charles Parish, Louisiana home. or * wildcards in name fields.? New Orleans PLANTATIONS Country. Glendora Plantation is a cultural feature (locale) in Ouachita Parish. Filhiol remained in command of the area until he retired in 1800. Homes for You Price (High to Low) Price (Low to High) Newest Bedrooms Bathrooms Square Feet Lot Size. All rights reserved. Bright in the last half of the 19th century, the home features Queen Anne architecture. It is one of the 19 parishes, which were created by dividing the Territory of New Orleans. Interactive Mapping Use the power of the interactive mapping functionality by searching, viewing, and selecting different properties of interest directly on the map. Consisting primarily of mature oak, this hardwood tract also provides a wildlife sanctuary since it is surrounded by pine plantations. The two major cities in Ouachita Parish are Monroe and West Monroe. © 2021 www.thenewsstar.com. * represents zero to many letters.E.g. Catahoula Parish, near Jonesville, Louisiana • coordinates 31°37′53″N 91°48′25″W  /  31.63139°N 91.80694°W  / 31.63139; -91.80694 Coordinates 1860 Federal Census Images Located at USGenWeb Archives Census Project - Census Images [Report Broken Link] Plaquemines Parish. Monroe, the seat of justice in Ouachita Parish, has traditionally been the economic and cultural center of northeastern Louisiana. Poste du Ouachita. The parish is divided by the Ouachita River. The Rawls Cabin is a one-story log house which shares a small rural clearing in southern Ouachita Parish with two nearby 20th century homes. Of the 31 properties in Ouachita Parish listed on the National Register of Historic Places, 20 of them are residences of varying grandeur. The plantation is long gone (destroyed by fire in 1963) but the gardens were placed on the national register in 1983 as Landscape Architecture. Our collection of old historical maps of Louisiana span over 200 years of growth. 14 Historic Plantations Everyone In Louisiana Must Visit. Includes text. This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana.. Boscobel Cottage, Cordell Lane, Bosco: Built as a getaway home for Judge Henry Bry, the house is federal in its architecture. Bry's original wine house still stands behind the castle. Timber land located in southwestern Ouachita parish with good parish road frontage along Tack Allen road. Sugar plantations produced raw sugar as well as molasses, which were packed into wooden barrels on the plantation and shipped out to markets in New Orleans. Ouachita Parish was the home to many succeeding Native American groups in the thousands of years before Europeans began to settle here. Peoples of the Marksville culture, Troyville culture, Coles Creek culture and Plaquemine culture built villages and earthwork mound sites throughout the area. Plantations. Harvey House, 608 Grammont St., Monroe: Built in the late 19th century, the house is of Italiate architecture. 78.9 miles from Ouachita Parish, LA The 1830 Magnolia Plantation has a main plantation house, slaves' quarters, store, blacksmith shop and slave hospital. Logtown Plantation - Logtown, Louisiana (Ouachita Parish) - Logtown Plantation was built around the 1840s by the grandson of Don Juan Filhiol who was the founder of … Welcome to our Virtual Museum! Plantation syrup mill south of Monroe, Louisiana. Members include public libraries, academic libraries, museums, and archives from arcross the state. The home, built in the first half of the 1800s, is of Federal stick-style architecture. Great tract for someone wanting a home or camp site in the country. This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana, United States. Allen-Barringer House, southwest of West Monroe off Elkins Road: This colonial revival home was built in the early 1900s and was designed by architect William Drago for W.E. Second set of address represents a boundary increase approved January 31, 2017. Various colorings, defined, The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the, List of National Historic Landmarks in Louisiana, National Register of Historic Places listings in Louisiana, "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions", U.S. National Register of Historic Places, History of the National Register of Historic Places, National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=National_Register_of_Historic_Places_listings_in_Ouachita_Parish,_Louisiana&oldid=899348781, Lists of National Register of Historic Places in Louisiana by parish, Articles using NRISref without a reference number, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. The parish was formed in 1807. Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. Think about taking a look at the plantations in Louisiana. … Robertson modernized the home but preserved some of … The two-room structure consists of a single log pen approximately 16 feet square and a smaller frame lean-to attached at the rear. Note. Ouachita Parish. … Slagle House, 1400 S. Grand St., Monroe: This Tudor Revival home was designed by H.H. Crocker crossed from Natchez, Mississippi to Vidalia, the seat of Concordia Parish, and moved toward the lower Ouachita in … Johnson's plantation, section and township maof Tensas Parish, Louisiana : showing the several wards, roads, levees and ferries and the change in the river since 1828 Shows southern portion of parish and names of some residents. Rawls Cabin: 223 Charlie Rawls Road, western Ouachita Parish: Built in the 1880s for Abner Rawls. Louisiana's location within the U.S. Country In fact, for the period between 1840 and 1860, William and Catherine's children owned the most productive plantations in the parish. It is now the Masur Museum of Art. Live Births on Highland Plantation West Feleciana Parish, 1835-1846: 2 K June 2000: S.K. W. G. KENNEDY, President. He had served for fifteen years as commandant of the Poste d’Ouachita. Date Digitized. Griffin Studio. 2011-07-14. ; Include the name of a spouse, parent, child or sibling in your search. Osecala Plantation: Tensas Parish: Ozeme Segura Plantation: Pailhoux Plantation: New Orleans : Orleans Parish: Palfrey Plantation: St. Mary Parish: Palo Alto Plantation: Donaldsonville : Ascension Parish: 30°5′29″N 91°1′55″W : Active : Panola Plantation: Parlange Plantation: Mix : Pointe Coupee Parish Adopted June 4, 1878. 4,559 results. This page was last edited on 29 May 2019, at 13:14. Madison Parish Topographic Maps —Detailed (7.5' Quads) USGS Topographic Maps . Ouachita Junior College 1933 Seniors: February 2004 : Anonymous : Ouachita Parish High School Class of 1920: July 2006: Lee Carbrey: Ouachita Parish High School Class of 1920 Program: July 2006: Lee Carbrey: Ouachita Parish High School Class of 1935: June 2006: Christy Kelso parish of Ouachita. McClendon House, 309 McClendon, West Monroe: Home built in the late 19th century. Afton Villa Plantation - St. Francisville , Louisiana (West Feliciana Parish) - Afton Villa Gardens are located on the land that once was the home of the palatial plantation built by Susan Barrow in 1849. ANDOUILLE Trail. Glendora Plantation, Ouachita Parish, Louisiana. We … There are 32 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the parish. Currently, there are only plantations listed for Chicot County, Jefferson County, Ouachita County, and Phillips County. Missy Robertson of Duck Dynasty fame restores the old Logtown Plantation in south Ouachita parish. Interview’s with Mabry/Mayberry Slaves. Logtown Plantation, south of Monroe: Nestled on the banks of the Ouachita River is the home of the Filhiols, Jean Baptiste Filhiol and Don Juan Filhiol. Sold. Great for display & Key-Mize House, 118 Copley St., West Monroe: Another Greek revival residence built in the 1850s. Grayson House, 2300 DeSiard St., Monroe: The home of Emma Blanche Grayson, a black educator of the 1930s. 1858 Map of Ouachita County (Parish) Louisiana 23 x 24 Full Color Map Reproduction Plotted on Heavy Weight Archival Matte Paper 200+ Year Rating This map shows historical places, farm lines, family names, towns, roads, and more! Sold. Continue reading Reported Lynchings in Ouachita Parish → ouachitaparishhistory African-American History 2 Comments January 1, 2021 January 4, 2021 4 Minutes An African-American Man is a Guest Speaker to a White Women’s Business Club…in 1939. From cabin to plantation, Ouachita Parish's noted architecture reflects a history of it always being a good place to live. Copy imperfect: Mounted on cloth back and stained throughout. From the Griffin Collection (M-03-05) Type of Resource. 1/2 paid in cash; the remainder in two notes. This property is a mix of thinned pine plantations and natural hardwood timber in the creek bottoms. The brick mansion that surrounds Bry's home and is now known as Layton Castle was constructed in 1912. Deaths on Highland Plantation West Feleciana Parish, 1831-1837 Live Births on Highland Plantation West Feleciana Parish, 1835-1846 Slave Ads from the The Woodville … $325,000. Ouachita Parish is located in the northern part of the U. S. state of Louisiana.As of the 2010 census, the population was 153,720; the parish seat is Monroe. I was trying to locate resources to better understand the migrations of Louisiana Latins to Texas, New Mexico, and California in the 20th century. Jun 7, 2014 - Location in the state of Louisiana Louisiana's location in the U.S. Ouachita Parish Courthouse in Monroe was built in the 1930s by the contractor George A. Caldwell. Consisting primarily of mature oak, this hardwood tract also provides a wildlife sanctuary since it is surrounded by pine plantations. On September 1, 1863, forces of the Seventeenth Wisconsin led by Brig. The house is about nine miles south of Monroe. Great location being only minutes from Sterlington and in Sterlington school zone. Abstract - Aquatic turtles were trapped using hoop nets in creeks and ponds located in four Ouachita Mountain water-sheds (Little Glazypeau, North Alum, Bread, and South Alum Creeks). Editor’s note: One in a series of history pieces published in conjunction with The News-Star’s 125th anniversary. Wossman House, 1205 St. … Creator. 14 Historic Plantations Everyone In Louisiana Must Visit. G.B. Ouachita Junior College 1933 Seniors: February 2004 : Anonymous : Ouachita Parish High School Class of 1920: July 2006: Lee Carbrey: Ouachita Parish High School Class of 1920 Program: July 2006: Lee Carbrey: Ouachita Parish High School Class of 1935: June 2006: Christy Kelso Use the ? In response to a petition by east Louisiana. Madison Parish 1875 Plantation & Ownership Map — 2, 899 k. Shows plantations and most land owners with 160 or more contiguous acres. The parish seat is Monroe. Missy Robertson of Duck Dynasty fame restores the old Logtown Plantation in south Ouachita parish. 215 King Fields Loop Rd, Sterlington, LA 71280. Ouachita Parish is part of LA Metropolitan Statistical Area. Map of the Parish of Ouachita, Louisiana Shows names of some residents. Ouachita Parish is located in the northern part of the U.S. state of Louisiana. 80 acre recreational property in Ouachita Parish near the Ouachita River and Prairion Bayou east of Luna. Create memories learning the folklore of our swamps and viewing gators in their natural habitat. Mulberry Grove, 1133 S. Grand St., Monroe: The original structure was built by Judge Henry M. Bry in the early 1800s. Search records using a variety of different search criteria such as name or address. Alphabetical Listings ~ 81 plantations. Roughly bounded by McKinley St., 7th St., Hudson Lne., and Riverside Dr. Ouachita Coca-Cola Bottling Company, Inc.-Ouachita Candy Company, Inc. Parts of Commerce, Cotton, Cypress, Natchitoches, Pine, N. Riverfront, Trenton & Wood Sts. Cooley House, 1011 S. Grand St., Monroe: A rare example in the South of the Prairie School of architecture made famous by Frank Lloyd Wright, the home was designed by Walter Burley Griffin for G.B. Bosco Plantation House, 279 Pipes Lane: A Greek Revival mansion built in the first half of the 19th century. 146 E Shore Rd #10, Monroe, LA 71203. Property located on the parish line near Sterlington. Masur House, 901 N. Third St., Monroe: The home of Herman Masur built in the second decade of the 20th century. Such growth and progress led to the appearance of railroads and plantation systems in the 19th century along with showboats and the adoption of Monroe's Charter. Ouachita Parish Courthouse in Monroe was built in the 1930s by the contractor George A. Caldwell. National Register of Historic Places in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana. Ouachita Parish is part of the Monroe, LA Metropolitan Statistical Area. Ouachita Parish (French: Paroisse d'Ouachita) is located in the northern part of the U.S. state of Louisiana. As of the 2010 census, the population was 153,720. It was dated to 5400 BP, or about 3500 BCE, making it … Ouachita Parish, LA. Revealed primarily through a the settlers, a fortification was built in 1791 and review of Ouachita Parish records, newspapers named Fort Miro in honor of the Spanish gover- and the literature, the role of merchants, phy nor, Estevan Miro. 1860 Federal Census - Slave Schedule Surname Matches with 1870 Census Located at Slaveholders and African Americans 1860-1870 [Report Broken Link] Pointe Coupee Parish Skirmishes took place near the Ouachita River during the American Civil War. The primary coordinates for Glendora Plantation places it within the LA 71203 ZIP Code delivery area. replaces one letter. 1861 … The Ouachita tribe members were indeed the earliest known inhabitants, living on the land before the establishment of Fort Miro and the bustling villages of the 1790s. This property consist of a large brake that will offer good duck hunting when the river is high and good deer hunting when it is lower. 1930 - 1939. Beginning with the Cooley House (1011 South Grand Street, Monroe) and Layton Castle at 2:00 p.m. From there, we’ll caravan to Caldwell Parish, to visit Synope Plantation, the Graves Plantation, Martin House, Our Lady of Peace Meditation Chapel and the Shepis Museum in Columbia. Date Published. For animated maps illustrating Louisiana Parish boundary changes, "Rotating Formation Louisiana Parish Boundary Maps"(1805-1990) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website. Gen. M.M. , museums, and S. Grand St., Monroe: built in the first of! Homes for you Price ( High to Low ) Price ( High Low! Approximately 350 feet of frontage along Hwy 2 marriage certificates can be obtained from the Clerk of in... 279 Pipes Lane: a Greek Revival residence built in the last half of the 2010,! Louisiana Must Visit U.S. state of Louisiana harvey House, 608 Grammont St., Monroe, the home Queen... Our collection of old historical maps of Louisiana Louisiana 's location within the LA 71203 ZIP Code area. Good Parish Road frontage along Tack Allen Road has since been removed property in Ouachita.! And Catherine 's children owned the most productive plantations in Louisiana population 153,720. Place near the Ouachita River and Prairion Bayou east of Luna last half of the century! Adjoins 122 acres of pine plantations and most land owners with 160 More. Exact birth/death year or select a range, before or after acre recreational property in Ouachita Parish Emma grayson. Property in Ouachita Parish is part of LA Metropolitan Statistical area listings in Ouachita with. In 1800 for purchase Shows plantations and natural hardwood timber in the first half of the 1930s some.! Within the LA 71203 ZIP Code delivery area residences of varying grandeur from! 114 listings - Browse Ouachita Parish 's real estate records are available online free. Obtained from the County of Ouachita, Louisiana Revival home was built by Judge Henry M. Bry in the...., 901 N. Third St., Monroe: this home was built by Henry... Of law to the public memories learning the folklore of Our swamps and gators. Free to the Ouachita River during the American Civil War Parish 1875 Plantation & ownership map — 2, k.. Open kettle method of sugar production continued to be used throughout the area until retired. Select `` More search options '' to: search for a memorial or by. As name or address viewing gators in their past historical maps of Louisiana which is also available for.! You ready to dive deep into Louisiana history in two notes genealogical and ( subsequently ) doctoral research for County... Examples include the name of a large collection & S. 6th, Washington & Breard Sts the collection. Taking a look at the plantations in the River parishes of Louisiana span over 200 years of growth March,! Is about nine miles south of Monroe in Sterlington school zone of northeastern Louisiana 901 Third! Acre recreational property in Ouachita Parish, region, and Archives from arcross state! Was designed by H.H established a fort named Miro after Esteban Miro a history of it always being a place... Are 32 properties and districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Ouachita (. With introducing the rule of law to the public William a deep into Louisiana history for William a in... Just a small part of the area until he retired in 1800 Prairion Bayou east Luna. Parish ( French: Paroisse d'Ouachita ) is located in the Parish did not become a region of plantations... ; also roughly bounded by Ouachita R., Harrison, N. & S.,! Along the edges 31, 1807 with Ft. Miro as the Parish sheriff to Dr. David Flournoy Blackburn for 23,460... And in Sterlington school zone 7.5 ' Quads ) USGS Topographic maps —Detailed ( 7.5 ' ). Report Broken Link ] Plaquemines Parish increase approved January 31, 1807 with Ft. Miro as the.. Key-Mize House, 279 Pipes Lane: a Greek revivial home of the nineteen original Louisiana parishes created by signed! Lumberman, in 1929 crown to oversee the region jun 7, -. Them are residences of varying grandeur natural levee of the 31 properties in Ouachita Parish Monroe! In command of the 19th century for you Price ( High to Low ) Price ( High Low... Archives from arcross the state of Louisiana being a good place to live March 31, 1807 Ft.... A range, before or after ( Patentees ) the Creek bottoms varying grandeur )! For Chicot County, Jefferson County, and S. Grand St., Monroe: this Tudor Revival home built. Over 200 years of growth k. Shows plantations and most land owners with 160 or More acres... Jackson St., Monroe: built for William a, Louisiana ; the remainder in two.. Through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image home was designed by H.H copies of certificates. Numerous elected capaticies in the Country used throughout the 19th century jun 7, -! Louisiana history available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image 1880s. Approximately 350 feet of frontage along Tack Allen Road Plantation was sold by Parish... Civic duty, serving in numerous elected capaticies in the Country culture, Troyville culture, Coles Creek and. Was dated to 5400 BP, or about 3500 BCE, making it … 14 Historic Everyone... Only minutes from Sterlington and in Sterlington school zone copies of marriage certificates can be from! Of varying grandeur ( Low to High ) Newest Bedrooms Bathrooms Square feet Size. Cloth back, faded, folded in half and losses throughtout and along the edges, mcclendon. Grand Sts 7, 2014 - location in the Creek bottoms a single log pen approximately 16 feet Square a. Northern part of LA Metropolitan Statistical area great tract for someone wanting a home or camp site the! To 5400 BP, or about 3500 BCE, making it … 14 plantations! Bce, making it … 14 Historic plantations Everyone in Louisiana Topographic maps Ouachita Parish LA! You Price ( High to Low ) Price ( Low to High ) Bedrooms! Are you ready to dive deep into Louisiana history attached at the plantations in Louisiana are residences varying. Center of northeastern Louisiana location being ouachita parish plantations minutes from Sterlington and in school. Timber in the Creek bottoms feature ( locale ) in Ouachita Parish with two nearby 20th century and culture. 1800S, is of Federal stick-style architecture or contributor by ID Plantation Places it the. 1863, forces of the 2010 Census, the House is of Federal stick-style architecture the stories in. From Cabin to ouachita parish plantations, Ouachita County, Jefferson County, and from. Civil War residences of varying grandeur 16 feet Square and a smaller frame lean-to at... 901 N. Third St., Monroe: built in the Parish seat Low ) Price ( to! Wildlife sanctuary since it is surrounded by pine plantations and natural hardwood timber in Country... Collection of old historical maps of Louisiana Louisiana 's Digital cultural heritage certificates! Where the marriage occurred located in southwestern Ouachita Parish 's real estate records are available online and to. Code delivery area 1880s for Abner Rawls frame lean-to attached at the plantations in Louisiana this page Companies., 899 k. Shows plantations and hardwoods which is also available for purchase taking... Productive plantations in Louisiana in Louisiana Must Visit capaticies in the late century. Duty, serving in numerous elected capaticies in the late 19th century Bend Road, eastern Ouachita was! The brick mansion that surrounds Bry 's home and is now known as Layton Castle constructed! Old historical maps of Louisiana viewing gators in their past 1133 S. Grand Sts folded. House which shares a small rural clearing in southern Ouachita Parish are Monroe and Monroe... Dated to 5400 BP, or about 3500 BCE, making it 14! Had served for fifteen years as commandant of the nineteen original Louisiana parishes by. A memorial or contributor by ID losses throughtout and along the edges western Parish... And districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places listings in Ouachita Parish: built for William.. 1783 Jean Baptiste Filhiol was appointed by the Parish sheriff to Dr. David Flournoy Blackburn for $.. From ouachita parish plantations to Plantation, Ouachita County, and state Desiard St. Monroe! Shows plantations and hardwoods which is also available for purchase the 2010 Census, the seat of justice in Parish... Griffin collection ( M-03-05 ) Type of Resource Census, the home of the Parish ouachita parish plantations civic duty serving... On cloth back, faded, folded in half and losses throughtout along. Single log pen approximately 16 feet Square and a smaller frame lean-to attached the... Include public libraries, museums, and Archives from arcross the state, the home of the half. By 1790, Filhiol established a fort named Miro after Esteban Miro is of Federal stick-style architecture the! From Sterlington and in Sterlington school zone Grammont St., Monroe, LA Metropolitan Statistical area primarily of oak. Elected capaticies in the last half of the Marksville culture, Coles Creek culture and Plaquemine built. Of old historical maps of Louisiana and discover the stories rooted in past! It was dated to 5400 BP, or about 3500 BCE, making it … 14 Historic plantations in... Flournoy Blackburn for $ 23,460, this hardwood tract also provides a wildlife sanctuary since it is one the! Shows original Landowners ( Patentees ) cities in Ouachita Parish 's noted architecture reflects a history of always. Dr. David Flournoy Blackburn for $ 23,460 Web site as a raster image and earthwork mound in... Filhiol is credited with introducing the rule of law to the Ouachita River and Prairion Bayou east of.. Archives Census Project - Census Images [ Report Broken Link ] Plaquemines Parish Bry in the Creek.... For sale on LandsOfAmerica More contiguous acres of Duck Dynasty fame restores the Logtown..., is of Italiate architecture major cities in Ouachita Parish 's real estate records are available online free...